Position: Trainer/Workshop Facilitator
Organization: PUL Consulting Services
Reporting To: Project Manager
Announced Date: 1st October 2018
Deadline: Open Till Filled
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Core Sector: Training & Capacity Building
Location: Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Samangan, Balkh (Mazar-e-Sharif) and Jawzjan Provinces
Who We Are?
PUL Consulting was founded by a group of Afghan professionals in 2010. PUL Consulting is registered with the Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) and Ministry of Commerce and Industries as a consultancy service provider in Afghanistan. PUL Consulting aims to provide consultancy services to businesses, government entities, national and international non-governmental organizations, and individuals. The experts of PUL Consulting have diverse national and international experience in Project Management, Research, Assessment, Market Survey, Business Management (BM), Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship, Development, Public Administration, office setup and establishment, Linguistics, Mass-Communications, Public Relations (PR), Information Technology (IT), Engineering and construction management, and Events Management having a strong ability to fill the organizational gaps.
We are highly committed to ensuring that our activities help our clients achieve both their long-term and short-term objectives in an effective manner. We work closely with our clients to fully understand their business models through reviewing their concept papers, project documents, business plans as well as assessing and analyzing their needs in order to provide rational solutions through Result Based Management (RBM) practices.
Description of the Assignment:
PUL Consulting Services has been assigned to train 1,800 government officials in 6 provinces (Kuduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Samangan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Jawzjan) for a period of three months. There will be 300 officials trained in soft skill topics including communication, Conflict Management, Active Listening, Conflict Resolution, Team Work, Critical Thinking, Work Life Balance and Self-Care and Resilience.
The Trainer/Workshop Facilitator will be responsible to conduct the training as per the previously developed training materials and training design in a participatory approach. The Trainer/ Trainer/Workshop Facilitator will be provided a 2 – 3 Day Training of Trainers (ToT) in Kabul in order to get fully familiar and ready to conduct the training as per the requirements of the project. The Trainer/Workshop Facilitator will be working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager/Project Coordinator.
- To deliver and conduct training programs as per the assigned topics for groups of 20 participants in three days as per the training curriculum and design.
- Deliver Trainings and motivate trainees through effective training methodologies both in group and individual classroom dynamics.
- Manage the design, delivery and continuous improvement of training programs in support of the organization’s requirements and previously developed guidelines.
- Utilize a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs.
- Conduct specific training needs assessments to support the design, development and delivery of training programs and strategies.
- To create and maintain a positive and professional learning environment considering adult learning and education.
- To set the standard and expectations through example in his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity and character.
- Able to work in a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings to accommodate training schedules is completed as per the project time frame.
- Able to travel once or twice between respective province and Kabul.
- Any other relevant responsibility assigned by the project management team of PUL Consulting Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education and/or Post graduate in any discipline.
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in delivering soft skill trainings such as Business Communication, Conflict Management, Project Management, Leadership and Organization Behavior.
- Certifications as a Soft Skills Trainer/Facilitator would be an advantage.
- Training experience in delivering participatory trainings and workshop for professionals and government officials would be desirable.
- Ability to deliver the training in Dari and/or Pashtu Languages.
- Ability to understand and read training materials and methodology in English language.
- Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Assistant Trainer will be based in one of the above listed provinces and may require traveling to PUL Consulting main office in Kabul.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to below email address:
- A cover letter of interest
- An up to date curriculum vitae(CV)