Position: Training Assistant
Organization: PUL Consulting Services
Reporting To: Project Manager
Announced Date: 1st October 2018
Deadline: Open Till Filled
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Core Sector: Training & Capacity Building
Location: Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Samangan, Balkh (Mazar-e-Sharif) and Jawzjan Provinces
Who We Are?
PUL Consulting was founded by a group of Afghan professionals in 2010. PUL Consulting is registered with the Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) and Ministry of Commerce and Industries as a consultancy service provider in Afghanistan. PUL Consulting aims to provide consultancy services to businesses, government entities, national and international non-governmental organizations, and individuals. The experts of PUL Consulting have diverse national and international experience in Project Management, Research, Assessment, Market Survey, Business Management (BM), Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship, Development, Public Administration, office setup and establishment, Linguistics, Mass-Communications, Public Relations (PR), Information Technology (IT), Engineering and construction management, and Events Management having a strong ability to fill the organizational gaps.
We are highly committed to ensuring that our activities help our clients achieve both their long-term and short-term objectives in an effective manner. We work closely with our clients to fully understand their business models through reviewing their concept papers, project documents, business plans as well as assessing and analyzing their needs in order to provide rational solutions through Result Based Management (RBM) practices.
Description of the Assignment
PUL Consulting Services has been assigned to train 1,800 government officials in 6 provinces (Kuduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Samangan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Jawzjan) for a period of three months. There will be 300 officials trained in soft skill topics including communication, Conflict Management, Active Listening, Conflict Resolution, Team Work, Critical Thinking, Work Life Balance and Self-Care and Resilience.
The Training Assistant’s position is a key position to support the training workshops in terms of administrative, logistics, class management, attendance, photography, daily monitoring, reporting and other related project management and class support assigned by the management. Furthermore, s/he will be providing direct interactions to coordinate the schedule and all the training events to the respective authorites at the provincial level in a timely, professional manner. The Training Assistant MUST possesses a strong background in Training and Capacity Building training arrangements and events management.
- Coordinate and communicate the training schedule, timetable and arrangement with relevant departments at provincial level office of the client.
- Emails and Phone Calls with trainees to schedule the classes and keep it on track
- Ensure trainers are fully prepared with information and materials for each event
- Collect and archive training reports and follow up with the main office
- Maintain database of each training and training photographs.
- Arrange refreshment and lunch for trainees during the training program.
- daily coordinate and report the status and progress of trainings to main office
- Assist the Trainer during facilitation and group work and other class activities during the training workshops.
- Any other assignment given by the project management team or administration of PUL Consulting Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- 3 – 5 Years’ relevant experience in assisting soft skill trainings such as Business Communication, Conflict Management, Project Management, Leadership and Organization Behavior.
- Certifications as a Soft Skills Trainer Assistant would be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in assisting participatory trainings and workshop for professionals and government officials would be desirable.
- Ability to communicate professionally in English, Dari and Pashto languages.
- Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Assistant Trainer will be based in one of the above listed provinces and may require traveling to PUL Consulting main office in Kabul.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to below email address:
- A cover letter of interest
- An up to date curriculum vitae(CV)